Sunday, January 16

A Woman Stands Against the Mullahs in Iran

From CNN:

Nobel peace laureate Shirin Ebadi told Iran's hard-line Revolutionary Court on Saturday she won't obey a vague summons on her to appear for questioning, even if it means she will be jailed -- an open challenge to a powerful body that has tried and convicted many pro-reform intellectuals.

Ebadi, the first Iranian and Muslim woman to win the Nobel peace prize in 2003, vowed in a wide-ranging exclusive interview with The Associated Press to resist hard-line threats against her life and will never bow to intimidation.
[...]
"I've tasted jail myself: 25 days in solitary confinement with no access to radio, newspapers or lawyer. And I'm not afraid of prison," she said. "I'm a lawyer and familiar with the law. I haven't done anything other than defend human rights in Iran."
This is a good example of what Iran needs, which is people that stand against the Islamic extremists there. The more this happens the more the Mullahs will take notice. There are limits to the amount of people you can jail without starting a rebellion. The Mullahs may not realize it, but I believe they are getting close to that line. I would not be surprised if they wondered by it in the next year or two.