Tuesday, January 11

Cold Water Meets Cat: The Story of Mary Mapes

Courtesy of LGF Mary Mapes's statement about the CBS report:

I am terribly disappointed in the conclusions of the report and its effects on the four of us who will no longer work at CBS News. I am disappointed as well for the entire organization. It has been my second family and I will miss my colleagues there.

I am shocked by the vitriolic scape-goating in Les Moonves's statement. I am very concerned that his actions are motivated by corporate and political considerations - ratings rather than journalism. Mr. Moonves's response to the review panel's report and the panel's assessment of the evidence it developed in its investigation combine not only to condemn me, but to put all investigative reporting in the CBS tradition at risk.
Oh that rich CBS tradition. How could they do this? I mean...what? You're not allowed to create fake documents to back up your fraudulent politically motivated attacks anymore?