Monday, December 13

Justice is Severed

This isn't the usual function of the this blog. But I'd like to say that I approve of the Peterson verdict. For if killing your wife and child is not dissevering of the death penalty, what is? I haven't posted on this topic before because I don't believe that it is the role of the media, of which I now include myself, to be creating a circus like atmosphere at these trials. The role of the media is to report the important facts of this case. What the media should be reporting is that he has been charged and what the verdict is. What happened everyday for the last number of months wasn't reporting anything important. It was creating sensationalism for the purpose of having something to talk about, and there are much more important things to discuss. I hope this is the last such case that follows the "OJ mold," but I fear that the likelihood of that is slim.